Fecha actual Jue Oct 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: Jue Ago 18, 2016 4:57 am 

Nacionalidad: American Samoa
Provincia: Santa Cruz
"It didn't upset me, " says Parker, who was part of nike air jordan the team that vetted CEO candidates. "It wouldn't be honest to say that I didn't think about it, though. I trust and respect Phil, so I decided to learn from it. " Knight explains that he thought it was time for an outside look. "I'd been CEO for almost 40 years. The company worked around my idiosyncracies so much that they didn't know that they were idiosyncracies anymore. " But Nike's unique culture chewed up Perez in less than 18 months. Sandy Bodecker, now VP of Nike global design, was so unhappy on Parker's behalf that he says he "made a vow never to actually meet the guy. "

They once presented on air jordan 4 sale the same stage Perez exiting left as Bodecker entered right. They even stood shoulder to shoulder at the urinals in the men's room. "I chose not to introduce myself, " Bodecker smirks. Ultimately, Knight says, "Yeah, it was a mistake. We're not for everyone. "Parker came by Nike honestly, the way that all the early employees got there, as a "running puke" "even more extreme than a running geek, " he says lured by the siren song of an unlimited supply of revolutionary shoes. In the mid-'70s, he was a champion runner for Penn State, part of what was then one of the most scientifically managed track-and-field programs in the country. At 6-foot-4, Parker brushed the scales at 130 pounds. "I looked like a praying mantis, " he says. He customized his own shoes by cutting the soles and experimenting with foam and homemade sock liners. He turned, ironically, to sheets of Nike-made waffle-sole material that he got from local shoe-supply shops. "I might run in an Asics Tiger shoe and put a waffle bottom on it, " he says. "The cushioning was so much better. " He sounds wistful as he recalls his first pair of Nikes. He got them by nike air fore sale mail order. "Waffle trainers, red with the white swoosh.

I put them on and..." he trails off. The fourth of seven kids, Parker grew up in a busy household in Stamford, Connecticut. His father was a lifelong IBM engineer, his mother a psychiatric nurse. "I was a pretty independent kid, " he says, but not particularly artistic. "I thought maybe I'd be a veterinarian or an environmental lawyer. " After he graduated from Penn State in 1977 he majored in political science because "I had to pick something" he was hired by nike basketball sale Jeff Johnson, Nike employee No. 1, and "took what was basically an avocation, design, and turned it into my life. "

Share on Facebook

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 1 mensaje ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC - 3 horas